Monday 23 August 2010

Vini, vidi, vinci ... St Tropez

Well, went to St. Tropez today expecting to find it the pits. From reading the Rough guide and some comments left in the apartment, I thought it would be awful.

What a nice surprise. It is still quaint, much smaller than I expected and quite friendly really. Prices were more expensive, but am sure that it would have cost a lot more if it was a similar setting in Italy for example. I remember well the cost of a couple of espressos in St. Mark's Square.

It is still very French, very South of France and even a bit frayed at the edges, which I didn't expect it to be.

Of course, there are very posh yachts, makes you drool, even though I am not that into boats, and a few posers. I expected more... Didn't find it intimidating at all. Maybe cheap tourism is making inroads in all the exclusive places in the world, or, the VIPs are just good at hiding during the day and avoiding the peasants like us.

Really enjoyed it and would recommend a visit.
Au revoir...

No comments:

Post a Comment