Monday 7 June 2010

moving on

Well, here we are in Civray. Had a lovely, though hot (35 c),trip down, via the b roads. Tom Tom must go mad at us. We ask for a route and then ignore its messages. It does not like it.

The villages continue to astound me. There is no noise. All the windows in the houses are always closed, no music blearing through windows, no noise of children talking, laughing, even when you go past schools. I have a theory that everybody hides when they see us coming, to see what my reaction is going to be. I keep repeating myself. Must be getting old: but where is everybody??? Come on French nation, let me know where you disappear to.

Our converted mill is lovely. Accommodation definitely one up on the last one. It was pretty dark and dowdy. This is very spacious and has a lovely little, little island attached to it, which is the garden. Cherry and fig trees included. Lovely.

Went out today to visit one of the villages nearby- Montmorillon - the Hay on Wye of France. Being Monday however, everywhere was closed, bar two cafes and a restaurant. No shops open. Food is not impressing me in France, foodie that I am, mostly disappointed....

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, makes me think of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when the Child Catcher comes and all families and children disperse in to their houses.... hmmmmm (this is your darling nephew by the way!)

    ReplyDelete