Sunday 7 August 2011

Oops, I've done it again and moving on...

Hurray, at long last I have my own connection and can start boring you all again....
For those on facebook, you will know that the title refers to my return to Venice before I left Treviso.

Venice never ceases to amaze me. I love getting lost in its alleyways and more wonderful still, is seeing 500 million people also lost, but rather than mad, really enjoying the experience. It was crazy again, very hot again and I still would go back tomorrow... and this is saying something, as I rarely want to go back to somewhere I visited before, as the world is such a large place and there is so much to see, but, Italy in general and London, will always have a special place in my heart.

We took the boat to the islands. Had already been to Murano, so went to Burano 9with its lovely and colourful houses) and Torcello which is not really worth visiting, unless you really want to see the first cathedral of Venice, built in 629. The boat trip however gives you another view of Venice and really, the city is like something out of an Arabian fairy tale. LOVE IT.....

We left Treviso (our favourite city so far) and are now in Ferrara. not really a beautiful city in aesthetic sense, more of a D. Fairhurst of cities, rugged and beautiful in its own way - nose and all. (HC staff will know what I mean). Had a wonderful walk round the walls of the town today. It is the most complete wall we have seen and really well used. Better than Lucca as it is tree lined for a good part of it and made me think of the Bois de Bologna, as I walked under its trees canopies.

No comments:

Post a Comment